Hong Kong is one of Asia’s most upbeat cities, with music festivals and live performances dotting residents’ social calendars. The festivals range from EDM and house to pop music festivals and concerts by A-list as well as up and coming musicians.
So, join in and satisfy your music cravings as you groove to the rhythm of Hong Kong’s beat.
Live Band Venues in Hong Kong
Whether you enjoy listening to live jazzwith a glass of wine or rocking out to an indie gig in a club-sized space, there is always a live performance to enjoy in the city. We recommend the following venues for a good night filled with good music and good company.
- Peel Fresco Music Lounge – One of the most eclectic live music venue in Hong Kong, where Blues, Rock, Jazz, or Latin music is performed by local talents.
- Gecko Club – A hidden spot for live band lovers. This little club in Central is well recognized for its friendly staff, cozy ambience, and iconic cocktails.
- Foxglove – A fantastic club disguised as an umbrella shop, this classy and upscale lounge features a delicious food menu, amazing drinks, and fantastic live band performances every night of the week.
- Bar Amazonia – One of Wan Chai’s top live rock music venue, this club is a popular meeting point for the wild and wonderful people of Hong Kong.
- Ned Kelly’s Last Stand – the longest-standing pub in Hong Kong is still going strong from its establishment all the way back in 1972. Night after night, the live band at the pub performs its magic, giving the pub the title of one of the highest rated Jazz venues in the city.
EDM Festivals in Hong Kong
If you are a music lover and are looking for the best time to visit Hong Kong, then plan your vacation around any of these wildly popular and party-filled music festivals. They are often a fusion of EDM and pop music culture that range from large-scale outdoor events to more intimate warehouse happenings. Here are some of the most popular annual music festivals that you might want to check out:
- Dragonland Music Festival – a 3-day outdoor EDM and Pop music culture in Hong Kong that radiates the music of internationally renowned artists each year.
- ALTN8 – 40 Artists, 8 stages, 1 big party. A first of its kind music festival where multiple stages, venues, and artists will be performing throughout the day.
- ClockenFlap – An utterly upbeat and extremely infectious atmosphere, all set against the city’s luminous skyline. It is, quite simply, one of the best weekend’s worth of fun to be had in Hong Kong.
- Road to Ultra – Debuted in 2016, the ultra music festival brought a stacked EDM line-up to the people of Hong Kong at the West Kowloon Cultural District, located just minutes from W Hong Kong.
- Sonar –Linking music, creativity and technology, Sónar has a well-earned reputation for being the world’s foremost EDM festival. Sonar debuted in Hong Kong in April 2017 and is sure to continue in the years after.